Ryan J. Roy
Boca Raton, FL | (954) 649-2744
Lead User Experience Designer
UI Architecture | Web Development | Project Ownership
ABC Financial, Little Rock, AR 12/2017 – Present
UX Team Leader (Full-Time Remote Position)
- Lead a seven-person UX team to replace ABC legacy billing system for companies like Planet Fitness, YouFit, Anytime Fitness and more.
- Managed two full-time direct reports and five offshore contract resources in successful sprints cycles and the development of numerous product solutions.
- Facilitated training for offshore BAs in UX techniques, UI tools like Sketch, InVision, Abstract, and design thinking to maintain product design fidelity.
- Utilize and evangelize the adoption of Atomic Design techniques via a UI Style Guide library helping to keep components consistent at all times.
- Performed user interviews and user test for internal and external product users gaining insights on how to build the most intuitive and efficient product possible.
MYTASKIT / DOCKMASTER, West Palm Beach, FL 7/2017 – 11/2017
Senior User Experience Architect (4 Month Remote Contract)
- Optimize User Experience and User Interface via extensive research (eg. ethnographic) and intensive planning.
- Generate enhanced application features, functional wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to boost product adoption; increased registration by 13% for new sign-ups.
- Spearhead user-centered designs and train employees in relevant materials to ensure maximum impact and usability.
- Facilitate consumer base growth via highly effective UX plan ( increasing licensed users 21.3%).
ACUMENITY, Dallas, TX 6/2016 – 6/2017
Senior User Experience Architect (Full-Time Remote Position)
- Conceptualized and developed LMS/software distribution model to fuse platforms and integrate training tools (GoToWebinar, EventBrite, ConstantContact, etc.), leading to direct revenue increase of 14.9%.
- Appraised and strengthened product functionality via low-mid-fidelity wireframes, user-centered design methods, user walkthrough sessions (with stakeholders/team), and regular user testing interview sessions.
- Coordinated efforts to revamp processes and design effective products.
ARROW DIGITAL, West Palm Beach, FL 12/2015 – 6/2016
Senior Associate / UX Team Lead (Full-Time 80/20 remote)
- Developed two transformative products to revolutionize accounting industry and establish auditing software implementation across an entire industry.
- Engineered digital usability tests to determine and rectify product flaws.
- Launched cross-functional design style to transform company & employee culture.
NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Ft Lauderdale, FL 8/2015 – 12/2015
Visual Architect / UX/UI Developer (On-Site Contract)
- Assessed and configured existing software, features, and apps to promote efficiency among faculty, professors and students.
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary teams to develop highly versatile SaaS application, AppCentral.
- Resolved and reduced complex design problems, conducted user testing and led focus iteration sessions with end-users.
- Managed and streamlined all phases of production and planning, as well as orchestrated stakeholder kickoff meetings and creative sessions.
BROWN PARKER & DEMARINIS, Boca Raton, FL Summer 2015
Front-End UI Web Developer (Remote Contract)
- Researched and analyzed the industry’s market for gaps in information or products to establish seamless user experience for clients.
- Pitched and oversaw the whole lifecycle of a major native ad campaign (HCA Gulf Coast Hospitals).
AVIS & BUDGET RENT-A-CAR, New York City, NY 9/2014 – 6/2015
Front-End Web Developer (Remote Contract)
- Translated design specs to generate effective front-end UI.
- Conducted UX testing and research of company products.
MOVIETICKETS.COM, Boca Raton, FL 5/2009 – 9/2014
Senior Web Design
- Promoted sales, sweepstakes and user conversion rates through consolidating purchasing process, developing iterative designs, parsing through end-user input, coding, and a/b testing e-blasts.
- Managed all major UX & UI components of an 18-month redesign project.
Education & Credentials
Bachelors in Visual Communication & Web Design, AIU, Hoffman Estates, IL 2008
Major Studies in Psychology & Social Work, University of Maine, Orono, ME 1994-1999